Monday, January 30, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm Danielle and I am a second year Plan II major, also completing the Business Foundations and Global Studies Bridging Disciplines certificates. My intersts lie in the study of gender and society, especially the effects of gender inequality on our own society and globally. Beyond the academics of this issue, I am also interested in the workings of non-profits and other organiazations that attempt societal change through the empowerment of women and girls. I am incredibly excited to be going to Ghana this summer to be a part of a project for sustainable development and experience another culture firsthand. Though I have travelled some before, this will be the first time I will truly be immersed in another culture, being able to live and work with the people for an extended period of time. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and the semester ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment